Why We Like The Refuge Air Hooded Jacket
We find ourselves zipping up the Outdoor Research Refuge Air Hooded Jacket on a daily basis, whether we're using it to commute, hit the trailhead, or beef up our cold-weather layering system. This versatile insulation jacket blends lightweight construction with impressive warmth to provide comfort and protection from the elements.
- High performance synthetic insulation midlayer jacket
- Pertex Quantum is lightweight, weather-resistant, and durable
- VerticalX Air insulation provides warmth when wet
- Thumbloops hold sleeves in place during rigorous activity
- Low-Pro Binding cuffs help to block out drafts and cold air
- Zipped chest and hand pockets keep important items nearby
- Item #ODR012A
- Responsible Collection
- Pertex Quantum Air (59% recycled nylon, 41% nylon mini ripstop)
- VerticalX Air
- Center Back Length
- 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered chest
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 0.8oz
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding, backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, backpacking, casual, hiking, mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
December 26, 2019
Close, but no cigar
- I've put it through the wringer
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 6` 1"
- 185 lbs
The jacket worked well for ski touring and as a mid-layer for downhill skiing. The jacket's fabrics are comfortable and wick moisture well. However, the jacket runs much smaller than other slim fitted OR jackets. I would say size a full size up. The length in the torso and sleeves are shorter than their other jackets so I would not recommend this for use climbing. I was constantly pulling the jacket out from underneath my harness anytime I reached high or swung a tool. Personally, I would not recommend this jacket to friends, but rather tell them to get the bombproof Ascendent or the grid fleece-Ferrosi.