The thinnest gloves in Outdoor Research’s line of alpine climbing gloves, the Mixalot Glove is made for ice and mixed climbing in warmer temperatures. The glove’s Gore Windstopper softshell material and goat leather palm keep the cold wind and light water from freezing your digits, while the same thin material allows for an increased range of movement when you have to stop and place a cam or stopper while still keeping your hands warm enough to continue upward through mixed ice and rock. Specifically engineered three-finger articulation and a pre-curved construction means these gloves are made for handling ice tools on rock and ice so you can be confident your gloves are working with your hands when cranking out a stein pull or executing some other type of alpine trickery.
- Keep your hands warm while dry tooling and placing ice screws
- Windproof Gore Windstopper fends off biting winds
- Single layer construction adds water resistance and breathability
- Handle ice tools effectively with articulated fingers and leather palms
- Item #ODR00T7
- [face fabric] Gore WindStopper soft shell (94% nylon, 6% spandex), [lining] 100% polyester
- Palm Grip
- Pittards Gripster sheep leather
- Claimed Weight
- [pair, large] 2.8oz
- Recommended Use
- ice climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
March 12, 2019
Would not buy this again. I was in some wet snow/ rain conditions and the palm side soaked it all up. It's been three days in my apartment and they are still damp .The palm seems to be made of some type of leather and I don't expect a lot of durability out of it, it's very thin. On the plus side the gloves are extremely dexterous and I was able to tie knots with some small cordage.
January 12, 2019
Great uphill ski glove
- I've used it several times
I wanted something super light for touring because my hands always sweat but I don't want to go without some kind of glove. Perfect.
January 14, 2019
David, thanks so much for the review! Enjoy! Leta OR Rep