Combining the best qualities of a hard shell and a soft shell, the Outdoor Research Men's Interstellar Jacket is a lightweight, air-permeable, moisture-defender that's ready to tag along on any and all alpine ascents you have planned. Crafted from a stretchy yet ultra-durable ripstop fabric, this jacket breathes exceptionally well to let you pursue high-output activities without overheating or being restricted, and features a waterproof AscentShell laminate to protect you from the wet rain, sleet, and snow that usually come with mountain adventures. Outdoor Research also made the hood helmet-compatible to take the question of sacrificing safety for comfort off the table before you leave your home. Dynamic reach underarm panels enable mobility when you're stuck on the wall, and the pockets are situated above where your harness would go to meet the needs of any alpine expedition.
- Hybrid shell jacket that's as protective as it is mobile
- Stretchy, durable fabric keeps up with active comfort
- Three-layer laminate offers waterproof, breathable protection
- Regular fit ensures easy layering and mobility
- Adjustable, helmet-compatible hood customizes the fit
- Underarm panels open up your range of motion
- Multiple, harness-friendly pockets stash the essentials
- Item #ODR00XO
- Q & A
Lightweight super lightweight
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Small
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 135lbs
I love jackets that aren't even noticed when you have them in your pack. This is a jacket that should live in your pack. It is durable, 3-layer waterproof and so insanely lightweight that there is no reason why you shouldn't always have it with you. The weather in the mountains is constantly changing and it's awesome to have gear and clothing that can adapt to the weather, this jacket is one of those pieces. If it starts to rain, high force winds, gets colder. This jacket will help with all of those situations. Highly recommend.