Illuminate Down Hooded Jacket
The Illuminate Down Hooded Jacket is Outdoor Research's lightest puffy stuffed with 800-fill down insulation, making it exceptionally ideal for alpine missions with long approaches. The highest fill count around, 800-fill down insulation has a remarkable warm-to-weight ratio, meaning it's surprisingly warm for how light it feels. While it isn't the warmest option from Outdoor Research, the Illuminate is the lightest and most packable for faraway destinations.
- Outdoor Research's lightest down jacket for alpine missions
- 800-fill down insulation is warm, light, and packable
- Ripstop shell is water- and wind-resistant
- Elastic cuffs and adjustments at hood and hem seal out cold
- Internal Shove-It pockets are large enough for gloves and beanies
- Left hand pocket doubles as stuff sack for compact convenience
- Item #ODR00R4
- Q & A
Great lightweight puffy!!!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 175lbs
This is a great looking and very comfortable puffy from Outdoor Research! The extremely lightweight, yet warm, and water resistant jacket is not only comfortable for cold and windy days, it even stuffs into it's own pocket! This is a great feature for backpacking or stuffing the jacket away for colder days on a camping trip. I get lots of great comments on the looks! (juniper/basil) I'm hoping to see how warm it really is, but winter is progressing very slow this year ; ( I'll find out soon enough, but it will definitely fit under my shell for super cold days on the slopes. Love it!