Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
You're not afraid of a bit of unfavorable weather—you'll be playing outside whether it's scorching hot or icy cold—but sometimes dressing for those shoulder season adventures can be tough to figure out. The Outdoor Research Hyak Pants are here to help you take on whatever adventure calls with a durable construction, comfortable warmth, and easy stretch for spring ski tours, alpine climbs, and chilly mountain hikes.
The durable double-weave fabric can handle scrapes against ice and rock, and stretches with your body as you push up steep bootpacks or difficult multi-pitch climbs. Articulated knees and a gusseted crotch aid your natural range of motion as well, so you'll have even less fabric resistance as you move. Water and wind resistant performance protects you when the weather gets a little bit iffy, while gusseted ankle zippers and elastic drawcord cuffs give you total control over your leg openings. Plus, you've got a ton of secure zippered pockets to keep snacks, maps, and gear stashed, including an avalanche beacon pocket to keep your most important piece of gear safe when you rock these pants during more deep-winter pursuits like backcountry ski-touring, ice-climbing, and winter hiking.
- Midweight softshell pants that thrive on chilly shoulder season days
- Durable abrasion-resistant fabric holds up to rugged alpine climbs
- Stretchy construction and articulated details help you move easily
- Weather-resistant fabric protects against lighter wind and rain
- Ankle zips and adjustable cuffs give you multiple ways to wear
- Zippered pockets include an avalanche beacon pocket for ski touring
- Item #ODR00Y1