Select style & size:Select options
Protect your hands, protect your belay.
For more secure catches, smoother rappels, and more comfortable aid climbing, be sure to bring your Outdoor Research Fossil Rock Gloves to the crag. Made with durable and protective leather, the Fossils provide unimpeded grip on moving ropes that might otherwise burn your hands. Without the fear of a hot rope burn, your belay can be safer, your rappels can be more effectively backed up, and yarding on an ascender all day will seem a little less painful. The half-finger design paired with breathable polyester allow your hands to breathe, because as a climber you know, sweaty hands aren't fun on route.
- Durable climbing gloves to protect your hands on belay or on rappel
- Tough goat leather protects hands from abrasion and burns
- Breathable polyester circulates air and wicks moisture
- Half-finger design ventilates to prevent stuffiness
- Hook-and-loop closure for quick on and off between belays
- Item #ODR00R0
- Q & A
Amazing Rappel Glove / Belay Glove
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
These gloves are comfortable and protective. I've used them several times canyoneering and rock climbing and have been very happy with their performance during both activities. The middle and ring finger have a small extension of material that really helps protect the skin on your fingers when rappelling quickly. In addition to providing protection from rope burn, the breathe well and allow you to maintain high levels of dexterity.