The mothership of backpacks.
While at times exhilarating and empowering, solo backpacking expeditions also mean that you're in charge of carrying everything—including tent, stove, and bear canister. With a plethora of features, and enough room to carry everything you need plus everything you don't, the Osprey Xenith 105 Backpack is the only backpacking partner you really need. The durable nylon design keeps your pack in good shape no matter how much of the AT you're tackling, and there's a detachable daypack for exploring the area around your campsite, and plenty of pockets make reaching for your map, snacks, or rain gear simple and convenient.
The Xenith 105 knows that comfort on the trail is key, particularly if you're lugging fifty to eighty pounds, so the back panel is designed with breathable cushioning to keep you going. Mesh covered ridges at the back panel allow maximum ventilation while keeping the load close to the body, and the BioForm 4cm hipbelt is custom moldable for the ultimate personalized fit. The convenience doesn't stop there—a reservoir pocket makes sipping from your 3-liter bladder easy, and zippered pockets on the harness mean you don't have to remove your pack for lip balm or beef jerky bites, and side zippers give you access to your main storage without digging in from the top. With plenty of loops for gear, quick storage spots for trekking poles or an ice axe, and a FlapJacket rain fly protecting your gear, you'll be trekking far and fast thinking a much smaller pack rests on your shoulders.
- Rugged pack for long backpacking trips and solo expeditions
- 105-liter volume provides plenty of room for tent and bear canister
- Breathable padding and custom molding provide on-trail comfort
- Pockets and gear loops offer easy access to plenty of conveniences
- Side zippers makes the main compartment easily accessible
- Removable daypack offers near-camp exploration opportunities
- Osprey focuses on comfortable back panels when designing its packs
- Item #OSP00AE