Give in to temptation.
Osprey designed its lightweight Tempest 40 Backpack specifically for women so you can spend a night out in the woods or thru-hike in the desert for a weekend in complete comfort. The designers at Osprey molded the Airscape back panel and the lightweight aluminum frame somewhat like a chimney to ventilate any excess heat so your back isn't a sweaty mess when you reach your campsite. Biostretch covers the shoulder straps and waist-belt for maximum comfort and breathability while you hike, and the ErgoPull tabs cinch across your waist for an ideal fit. If you pack light, this top-loader can fit all the supplies you need for a full weekend out on the trail, and you can remove the top lid for quick day hikes while you're out \ there.
The Tempest 40 has a lower zippered compartment for easy access to your sleeping bag, and it has straps for your sleeping pad. It's external hydration sleeve is easy to refill, side stretch pockets can fit extra water or some snacks for the trip, two zippered pockets at the waist-belt hold any small items you might need on the trail like lip balm or sunscreen, and one front mesh pocket stores your map, a book, or a last-minute item. The shoulder straps have Stow-On-The-Go attachments for your trekking poles when the trail is nice and flat, and lower InsideOut straps compress the pack down quickly and simply. This pack even has two ice tool attachment loops with bungee tie-offs so you can continue using it throughout the year.
- Female-specific pack offers lightweight, breathable comfort
- Ventilated, comfortable backpanel keeps things light and airy
- Shoulder straps and waistbelt maximize comfort and stability
- Top loader access makes it easy to pack
- Sleeping bag compartment and straps keep your bag out of the way
- Ice axe and trekking pole attachment let you maneuver with free hands
- Osprey Packs is based out of Cortez, CO
- Item #OSP008C