Getting outside for a day hike doesn't mean you need to pack for the weekend—the Osprey Hikelite 18 Backpack provides just enough room for vitals without breaking your back. A ventilated AirSpeed back panel keeps air flowing between the pack and yourself, so there's no sweaty feeling at the end of the day, and Biostretch harness straps ensure the bag rests comfortably on your shoulders. With 18 liters of space you've got room for your rain shell, a warm layer, and lunch, and a hydration-compatible pouch can hold a three liter reservoir. Should clouds show up and you find yourself pulling out that raincoat, the Hikelite 18 comes with its own incorporated rain cover, keeping your layers and lunch nice and dry. The waist webbing can be removed if you're traveling on a plane and need it out of the way, and the sternum strap includes a whistle for alerting your hiking buddies if you get lost.
- Small technical pack for day hiking adventures
- Low volume perfect for layers, lunch, and water
- Ventilated back panel keeps you cool and comfortable
- Incorporated rain cover protects gear on rainy days
- Front pocket offers easy access to phone and snacks
- Compression straps help you pack up efficiently
- Gear loops can be used to carry a trekking pole or two
- Item #OSP00B0
- Q & A
Hike in Comfort
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This pack has quickly become my go to for shorter to medium hikes, and it usually sits in my car; just in case I get the itch to go on a hike. The main reason for this is that the suspension system is extremely comfortable but also lightweight. It also has the pack sit slightly off your back, which creates superb ventilation. This pack is big enough for a jacket, snacks, and other random things; but also has compression straps on the side if you do not need much. It has a sleeve for a bladder and it keeps it snug inside. Over-all this has become one of my favorite packs due to the comfort and variability.