Minimalist performance, maximum comfort.
From multi-unit backpacking trips in Denali National Park to minimalist thru-hikes on the PCT, the Osprey Eja 58 Backpack has everything you need for lightweight trekking adventures. A removable daypack lets you take short, exploratory trips from your campsite, and plenty of mesh pockets and gear loops provide the capacity for maps, trekking poles, and snack stashes; an integrated rain cover protects your gear on rainy afternoons and compression straps keep everything under-wraps. But where the Eja truly shines is in the form of the comfort it can provide. The combination of well-ventilated AirSpeed back panel and the light-yet-durable alloy frame brings a lot of breathability by dumping excess heat out the sides while you hike, and ExoForm covers the shoulder pads and waist-belt with mesh and energy gel for the ideal cushion needed over weeks or even months on the trail.
- Ultralight pack for multi-day trips and thru-hiking
- 58-liter capacity carries just the essentials on longer treks
- High-tenacity nylon endures miles and miles of use and abuse
- Tensioned back panel keeps weight off your back for extended comfort
- Highly ventilated for breathability during long days on the trail
- Gearloops galore offer extra spots for poles, axes, gear, and snacks
- Sleeping pad and compression straps can be removed to shave ounces
- Osprey places emphasis on packs with comfortable back panels
- Item #OSP00AS
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The thing that I think is so cool about the Eja is that if you want it even lighter, you can get it there! By stripping the lid, the side compression and the pad straps, you can shed an additional 12.4% of the weight off of this pack! So stoked!
The fit, especially with weight, is unreal. The contact all the way with the vented backpanel is sublime, and you forget that you are carrying weight. So amazing. Well done, Osprey!!
Do you want a lightweight pack with amazing ventilation? Then this is your pack! Check it out!