Go forth and hike fast.
You're pretty competitive, so everything from weekend summits in your home state to thru-hikes on the other side of the world are all about speed. With a balanced volume that keeps your packing habits under control, the Osprey Eja 48 Backpack gives you the perfect, race-winning combination of speed and comfort. The floating lid, sleeping pad straps, and compression straps can all be removed to save on ounces, and the frame is designed to make long days and long trips not be a literal pain in the back. The AirSpeed back panel and light-yet-durable alloy frame blesses you with breathability by dumping excess heat out of the sides, and ExoForm covers the shoulder pads and waist belt with mesh and gel for extended comfort.
Even with minimalist hiking habits in mind, the Exos offers plenty of nooks and crannies for snacks, maps, and trekking poles, and some quality features. A hydration reservoir sleeve offers a place to stash your three-liter bladder, so you don't waste precious seconds stopping to pull out a water bottle, and the FlapJacket raincover keeps your precious gear dry when the weather turns sour, so you're not forced to find shelter mid-race.
- Ultralight pack for quick-paced backpacking or weekend trips
- 48-liter capacity balances storage space with minimalist speed
- High tenacity nylon endures miles of use and abuse
- Tensioned backpanel keeps weight off your back for extended comfort
- Highly ventilated for breathability during long days on the trail
- Gearloops galore offer extra spots for poles, axes, gear, and snacks
- Osprey places emphasis on packs with comfortable back panels
- Item #OSP00AT