Why We Like The Eja 38L Backpack
We're always happy to have the Osprey Eja 38 Backpack when we're headed out for a speedy backpacking trip. This pack is a dream to carry, from its breathable suspension to its ultralight materials.
The AirSpeed back panel uses tensioned mesh to hold the pack away from your back, allowing your sweat to evaporate, while the ExoForm shoulder straps and waist belt conform to your body for comfortable support. Remove the floating lid for a quick run to the summit, and extend the FlapJacket over your gear to keep it secure and protected. To shave off even more weight, remove the sleeping pad straps and compression straps before leaving home and see what records you can break on the trail.
- Backpack for short, fast-paced backpacking trips
- AirSpeed suspension lets air flow between you and the pack
- ExoForm harness for comfortable, breathable carrying
- Removable attachment straps for optional storage
- FlapJacket cover for when the lid is removed
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole storage for hands-free hiking
- Adjustable sternum strap for a customized fit
- Item #OSP00AU
- [frame] 4mm alloy, [face fabric] 100D high-tenacity nylon, [bottom] 210D nylon
- 38L (2318cu in)
- Shoulder Straps
- Waist Belt
- Hydration Compatible
- 2 zippered lid, 1 stretch mesh side, 1 stretch mesh front
- Gear Loops
- Ice Axe Carry
- Trekking Pole Carry
- Detachable Daypack
- removable lid
- InsideOut straps
- [small] 26.77 x 15.75 x 12.2in
- Claimed Weight
- [x-small] 2lb 7.2oz [small] 2lb 7.7oz, [medium] 2lb 8.2oz
- ultralight backpacking
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
August 19, 2018
Lower weight not worth loss of features
- I've put it through the wringer
I purchased this pack to travel through Europe and do a few multi-day hikes (Amalfi Coast, Tour du Mont Blanc, etc). What originally sold me on the pack was the frame and how it sits when on your back. That is basically it's only redeeming quality, and why it is 2 stars instead of 1....though you will still sweat, don't let the hype fool you. What I quickly learned was that the frame makes it extremely cumbersome any time other than when it's on your back. On multi-day backpacking trips, I really missed the padding on the shoulders and the hip belt, the loss of hip packs, and lack of a zipper to access the inside without unpacking everything. I also had to buy a separate rain cover, as that was not included in the pack. I'd highly recommend adding a few ozs and keeping the padding that keeps everything else besides the back comfortable!
April 13, 2018
Check out this women's specific, well ventilated, lightweight pack!
November 24, 2018
what rain cover will fit the size small
December 9, 2018
this item OSP002O in a size medium.