Select Style & Size
Ultralight Wading Boot
Designed to be an integrated part of the Orvis Ultralight Wading System, the Orvis Ultralight Wading Boot offers excellent performance and durability without the bulk or weight of a standard wading boot. This allows you to hike and wade further with less effort and fatigue, and it's also a great way to shave weight when you're packing for a big fishing trip and need to meet airline restrictions.
Its quick-drying Clarino microfiber upper offers a much better strength-to-weight ration than the leather you find on traditional boots, and it's reinforced with mini-ripstop inserts and abrasion-resistant rubber spray to withstand the brushiest trails and rockiest riverbeds. A custom EVA midsole cushions your step for long-lasting comfort, and the Vibram outsole with an Orvis lug pattern provides traction on dusty trails, gravel banks, and muddy lake beds alike. The outsole also accepts metal studs in strategic locations for extra grip when needed, with a TPU plate for improved stud retention.
- Performance and durability without the bulk and weight
- Clarino microfiber upper is tough, yet light and quick-drying
- Abrasion-resistant rubber spray in high-wear zones
- Vibram EVA midsole offers all-day comfort
- Vibram outsole with Orvis tread for wet and dry traction
- Metal stud-compatible with TPU plate for retention
- Tightly woven laces offer improved abrasion-resistance
- Integrated part of Orvis Ultralight Wading System
- Item #ORV001D
- Upper Material
- Clarino microfiber with PU coating, mini-ripstop inserts
- polyester mesh
- Vibram EVA
- Dual-durometer Vibram rubber with Orvis lug pattern
- Claimed Weight
- [pair] 3lb 6oz
- Recommended Use
- river fishing, saltwater fishing, stillwater fishing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
December 29, 2020
Soles come apart
- I've put it through the wringer
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 205 lbs
Great fit and weight, and the work great with the Orvis Pro waders. However, the laces break within a couple months and the soles are coming unglued after less than a year of use. I wear them 2-3 days a week for about 5 hours at a time in slow moving water. My first Orvis disappointment. Looking for replacements and DIY fixes now. Size - I am a 12 and use a 13 in these boots so size up one level with full stocking foot waders or wet wading neoprene socks.
December 26, 2019
- I've used it several times
I used these boots on the lower Provo river and they were super comfortable and lightweight. i got a size 12 with an xl large wader.
October 31, 2019
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I am recently new to fly fishing and picked this boot up for my first day on the river! I was impressed with the boot's traction and comfort. With a short walk to the stream these boots felt great, I had no issues climbing steep muddy banks covered in a light dusting of snow. Once in the river they did just as good! Although i was not fighting a big current the water was calm but the boots gave me the confidence i needed when moving though the water. Even on a pretty cold day my feet did not get cold in these boots. I would defiantly take these out on my next trip
July 6, 2018
- I've used it several times
I have used a bunch of different wading boots with Simms and Patagonia, but these Orvis ones are incredible! These are great for wet wading as well and when you get a bit of water in them they still feel light, unlike much of the heavier brands. The first day I wore them I did not have any blisters or comfort issues. I highly recommend these!
June 17, 2018
The weight of the w as ding shoes