Tour Rider 28L S Backpack
- Ortovox's women-specific, all-around backpack for backcountry tours
- Separate compartment for avalanche safety gear
- Carries skis, snowboards, ice axes, and ski poles
- External helmet net stows away during the descent
- Front and rear access points to main compartment
- Zippered hip and top pockets for smaller accessories
- Hydration compatible sleeve and port
- Item #ORT003E
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have searched high and low for a backpack that doesn't hit me in the back of my head while I am skiing- a pack that doesn't compromise fun for utility. Finally, I have found it. This pack specifically has a short length to avoid this, yet the 28 L volume is enough to fit everything you need for a day riding at the mountain or spring missions in the backcountry. The design of the pack is top notch- with many pockets that allow different access point to aid in packing and accessing your gear. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a separate pocket for all of your avy gear- while it does have slots for your shovel and probe to be tucked away inside the main compartment I would find it much more reliable to have those things completely tucked away in another pocket so I wont be stumbling over my PB&J to access them. Overall, I am super stoked about this pack and can't wait for the winter, spring, summer and fall adventures we will have together.
Unsafe compartment setup.
Does not seem to have a dedicated avi safety compartment. Seems to be the same one that your hydration pack and all the rest of your gear is supposed to go into.