Select a Size
Select a Color
Even though the temperature's freezing when you start, it's safe to say that you'll have some steady heat built up a few minutes into your morning ski tour—now if only you could do something about that biting headwind. When you need an added touch of weather protection on active backcountry missions, toss on the Ortovox Tofana Vest. This lightweight vest is the perfect unassuming layer to block the wind and give you subtle and breathable warmth, helping you find that sweet spot of comfort as you ditch the shell on long skintrack climbs.
The thin merino wool lining on the inside of the vest provides added comfort, a touch of warmth, and moisture-wicking performance while you move. The outer fabric features a two-way stretch construction for uninhibited mobility on the ascent, and also boasts water-resistant protection against moderate snowfall thanks to the DWR (Durable Water Repellent) treatment. Rounding it out you've got an elastic hem to shut out the cold, a chest pocket to store snacks and gear, and a high collar with merino lining to give you added coverage from the wind.
- This softshell vest blocks the wind and gives you subtle warmth
- Merino wool lining provides an added touch of warmth and comfort
- Wind and water resistant fabric boosts your weather protection
- Stretchy construction won't hold you back as you climb
- Elastic hem keeps the cold out without adding bulk
- Zippered chest pocket keeps snacks, maps, and gear close by
- Item #ORT00BB
- 83% polyamide, 11% elastane, 6% merino wool, DWR treatment
- 1 zippered chest
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
May 1, 2020
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 8"
- 158 lbs
It fits me perfectly! With very good wind shielding and some merino inside for cold protection, perfect combination!!!