Swisswool Zebru Jacket
The lightweight, insulated Swisswool Zebru Jacket from Ortovox will keep you warm and comfortable on ski tours and high alpine summits. The Zebru is part of Ortovox's Naked Sheep line and is designed to offer you maximum freedom of movement so you can perform at your best in demanding conditions. Its ergonomic cut, elastic cuffs, hem, and hood create the feeling of ultimate freedom while you ski, backpack, or climb.
The Zebru features no-bulk Swisswool insulation that provides excellent warmth even when wet. This is ideal as an alternative for down in stormy conditions as down loses its insulating properties when wet. Additionally, Swisswool can absorb and release large quantities of moisture, more than synthetic fibers, keeping you warmer and more comfortable with less insulation that if it were insulated with synthetics. Ideal for stormy conditions in the mountains, the insulation is enclosed in Ortovox's Tech-Stretch material that provides breathable, water and wind resistant protection and high mobility so you can get after your goals in comfort.
- Insulated lightweight jacket for touring and high alpine adventures
- Wind, water-resistant stretch fabric provides freedom of movement
- Swisswool insulation offers light warmth in cold, wet conditions
- Stretch fabric, no-bulk Swisswool, ergonomic fit give high mobility
- Elastic cuffs and waistband keep jacket in place during movement
- Elastic hood stays in place while you take in the high alpine view
- Backpack accessible zippered chest pocket holds snacks or phone
- Jacket packs into pocket for convenient carry in milder conditions
- Item #ORT00BH
- Q & A
Just like being a sheep
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: XL
- Height: 6'7"
- Weight: 180lbs
Ever look at a fluffy sheep and think how cozy that life must be? Now you can know. The Zebru is basically a human shaped sheep suit. It fits like your own skin and is stretchy and breathable so you hardly know its there, other than the amazing warm fuzzy feeling it gives you without overheating. It packs into its own chest pocket for easy storage in a pack or clipped off to a harness. I have used this from casual wear to skiing, ice climbing and for cold rock climbing and its a great functional mid layer. I am occasionally miffed when I want to put my hands into pockets and they aren't there, but that is quickly forgotten when I am wearing a pack and/or harness all day and I don't have zippers from hand pockets digging into my hips. I am usually a Large in Ortovox jackets. This one is a bit slimmer fitting than most and the XL fits me great.
I am a full time, year-round mountain guide and a member of the Ortovox North American team I received this gear to test and use.