Midlayer of mountainous proportions.
With a merino wool insulated core and fleece sleeves, the Ortovox Men's Swisswool Piz Roseg Jacket is a midlayer fine-tuned for hardworking ski mountaineers and backcountry enthusiasts. Both wool and fleece have better moisture-managing properties than down or synthetic insulated jackets, and they dry quicker too, resulting in a comfier microclimate when you're sweating hard in freezing temperatures. The nylon fabric protecting the wool insulation has a water- and wind-resistant treatment for extra protection against the elements.
- Hybrid insulator designed for ski mountaineering and alpine touring
- Swiss Wool insulated core protected by highly breathable nylon
- Fleece back and arms wick moisture and regulate body temperature
- Thumbholes secure the sleeves
- Item #ORT006P
[main] 67% polyester, 26% virgin merino wool [paneling] 100% nylon [insulation] SwissWool (88% virgin wool, 12% polylactide)
backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, ice climbing
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 150lbs
This is the most comfortable mid-layer. I wear it under I’m shell or when skinning, snow shoeing and other high-atoning activities.
It is insanely comfortable against the skin. I highly recommend this piece.