Piz Palu Swisswool Jacket
The high-output nature of ski mountaineering and touring can make staying comfortable difficult, but Ortovox's Piz Palu Men's Jacket aims to remedy that particular problem by combining breathability, wind-resistance, and insulation in perfect proportion. The body of the jacket is made from Pertex, a durable, lightweight, and wind-resistant fabric designed to help your core stay warm, while the forearms, waist, shoulders, and hood are made from Naturetec Light, a highly breathable and durable softshell that will help you stay sweat free during periods of serious exertion. Inside, the Piz Palu is lined with Swisswool, a warm, wicking, and breathable blend of merino wool and synthetic fibers, so you'll stay warm without getting sweaty. Ortovox also engineered an adjustable hood for some extra warmth, pack-compatible chest pockets that double as core vents, and a drawcord hem to prevent wind and spindrift from blowing up your back.
- Hybrid midlayer designed for ski mountaineering and alpine touring
- Swiss Wool insulation retains warmth close to the core
- Softshell sleeves and back for moisture management and breathability
- Adjustments at hood and hem keep frigid winds at bay
- Item #ORT006N
- [face fabric] Pertex (100% nylon), [waist, forearems, shoulders, hood] Naturetec Light softshell (75% nylon, 18% wool, 7% elastane), [lining] Swisswool (80% merino wool, 20% nylon)
- Center Back Length
- [medium] 28.5in
- 2 chest
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 1lb
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years
5 based on 2 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
May 24, 2022
Free! Get up To An Extra 20% OFF Coupons from coupon-bird. com (No space)
April 13, 2022
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought:
- 5' 9"
This jacket reeks quality in terms of materials and design. The only minor issue is that the front zipper is a little clunky (hopefully will become smoother with time) and releases from the opposite side compared to most jackets. Cheers.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help