Piz Boval Insulated Jacket
Unless you're the coldest person in the entire world you probably won't skin all the way up the mountain with your shell on. Most backcountry enthusiasts know that once that thing starts packing heat it's into the backpack it goes. But even when you're shedding heat and weight it's still nice to have some of the benefits of a shell in unpredictable mountain weather, which is why Ortovox made the Piz Boval Insulated Jacket. This lightweight, insulated jacket has a windproof and water-resistant shell fabric to shield you from alpine winds and flurrying snows, while innovative insulation ensures comfortable warmth for active backcountry excursions.
Designed with a Pertex Quantum fabric, the shell is not only resistant to winter weather, but also to scuffs and abrasion, ensuring that you can travel through rocky and wooded areas without having to worry that you don't have an outerlayer to bear the brunt of any incidental contact. Meanwhile, the Swisswool insulation, made with a blend of wool and synthetic fabrics, delivers warm-when-wet performance and all the breathable, moisture-managing benefits that wool provides. Plus, its reversible design is handy for both switching up your style and giving yourself a different pocket layout to meet the day's needs.
- Insulated, weather-resistant jacket for backcountry touring
- Pertex Quantum shell shuts out high winds and lighter snow
- Wool insulation offers comfortable warmth, even when wet
- Reversible design gives you different styles and outer pockets
- Abrasion-resistant construction is ready for rugged terrain
- Full zip lets you ventilate during steep skintrack climbs
- Elastic hem seals out the cold on frosty summits
- Item #ORT00DG
- Pertex Quantum (100% recycled nylon)
- 88% virgin wool, 12% polylactide
- [external] 2 zippered hand, [internal] 1 zippered chest
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- skiing, snowboarding, mountaineering, hiking
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years
What do you think about this product?
April 14, 2021
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 150 lbs
Highly recommend for anyone in need of a lightweight coat that keeps you warm in cool temperatures. Great colors too.