Swisswool Piz Boe Vest
Designed specifically for the fast-paced pursuits of ski mountaineering & backcountry touring, the Ortovox Men's Piz Boe Vest melds lightweight performance with walloping warmth, resulting in a versatile vest that 's bound to become a staple in your layering getup. The Piz Boe features a lightweight Pertex Quantum exterior that's windproof and water resistant for protection against light precipitation and whipping alpine winds, and merino wool inserts that not only wick away moisture and dry quickly, but are highly stretchy for unimpeded mobility and breathable for comfort during high output activity. Additionally, the Swisswool insulation provides lofted, woolen warmth that easily regulates your body temperature, and the snug-fitting hood fits under or atop a climbing helmet. Not to mention, the bevy of pockets are harness and pack friendly, and the slim fit of the Piz Boe enables you to layer atop it without compromising your mobility in exchange for being as warm as a blue whale.
- A versatile hooded vest for high output activities in cold climates
- Swisswool insulation provides natural temperature-regulating warmth
- Pertex Quantum shell blocks wind and resists snow and light rain
- Merino wool panels deliver added stretch and breathability
- Harness and pack compatible pockets keep gear and tools within reach
- Elastic hood ensures warmth and coverage under a ski helmet
- Slim fit allows for easy layering underneath a shell
- Item #ORT00BI
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: small
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 165lbs
I bought this for alpine touring. I wear it over my heavy hooded base layer (mountain equipment eclipse hoodie), and under my bibs. pockets are easily accessible under the bibs and backpack. cuts wind to the torso and regulates temps wonderfully. the hood encompasses my face nicely to help with side wind also. highly recommend this vest for touring, warm day resort mid layer, spring/fall hiking, or just around town.
Go to best
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 150lbs
I love this vest. Ortovox makes different vests with different features and warmth. I wasn’t sure how much I was going to use the hood on a vest, but I love it. I often wear this vest on high-aerobic activities (or simply wearing around town).
I highly recommend this vest.