Answer the call of the alpine.
Ortovox designed its Peak Light 30L Short Backpack for your biggest missions. Though the backpack is extremely light and full of technical features, it's also comfortable, providing you with the functionality you require for the most demanding days in the mountains.
The backpack utilizes Ortovox's Swisswool-Tec-Knit Back System—a combination of foam and Swiss wool—to maximize temperature control and stability without adding extra weight. Further, all of Ortovox's S backpacks are complete with thinner hip and shoulder straps, adapted to the female anatomy, as well as a shorter-length torso. This makes the fit ideal for women, or men with shorter backs.
External gear loops and rope attachment ensure you'll never have to leave home without the right tools, while the A-frame ski carry makes booting up steep ridgelines feel less cumbersome. Inside the main compartment you'll find a designated sleeve for you shovel and probe, making it easy to access them in an emergency. The lid is completely removable, which allows you to maximize the capacity of the internal compartment, just in case you need to bring extra gear.
- Technical, lightweight pack for the most demanding tours
- Small frame fits men and women with shorter torsos
- Foam and Swiss wool back adds comfort and temperature regulation
- A-frame ski carry keeps you balanced when booting up couloirs
- Lid is removable to increase capacity of main compartment
- Gear loops and rope carry accommodate your alpine tools
- Circumferential zipper makes accessing gear a breeze
- Water-resistant material keeps your gear dry
- Item #ORT00C1
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This pack is so comfortable, lightweight, and versatile. The slim shape of it is perfect for narrower and smaller bodies. The rope, ski, ice axe, and helmet carrying features are all amazing bonuses - making it suitable for all activities! The adjustable/removable hip belt is also super nice and fits well with a harness on. I really like how the brain is adjustable and removable for extra space. It also packs down small and doesn't feel or look ridiculous if you're just carrying a few small things.
My two small complaints would be that there's Velcro instead of a zipper on the hip belt and not much padding on the shoulders or back - but I guess that is the price you pay for the lighter weight aspect of the pack!