For days spent getting after it in the mountains under uncertain skies, make sure to bring along the Ortovox Merino Windbreaker for windproof, moisture-wicking, and odor-resistant performance. Crafted from a merino wool blend, and coated with DWR, this jacket does its job to fend off wind, light rain, and funky odors, while also pulling sweat away from your skin and maintaining high levels of breathability. This combination of materials makes for a much more comfortable next-to-skin fit than traditional wind shells. The close-fitting hood adds coverage in inclement weather and uses an embedded elastic band to keep it in place without limiting your field of view. Rounding things out, an elastic hem, cuffs, and longer sleeve cut bolster your protection against the elements.
- Versatile windbreaker jacket for protection in varying weather
- Merino wool blend wicks sweat and fights funky odors
- DWR coating gives you reliable defense against light rain
- Regular fit allows room for layers underneath
- Self-adjusting hood blends coverage with a clear view
- Zippered chest pocket stows the jacket when the sun comes out
- Item #ORT00CD
- 55% Merino wool, 45% nylon, DWR coating
- 1 stow
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, bouldering, casual, hiking, mountaineering, sport climbing, trad climbing, trail running
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
4 based on 2 ratings
Fits SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
September 13, 2021
Not as waterproof as the Civetta
- I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought:
If wind is on the radar for the day, not so much rain; this is my go-to. The breathability of this jacket and ability to dry quick is great! If there is a higher chance of precip, I'll op for the big brother the 2.5L Civetta jacket. One thing about the windbreaker that I wish Ortovox carried from the Civetta to the windbreaker is the merino inserts around the chin and hood for comfort. Other than that, the breaker is a solid choice year around.
February 4, 2021
Works well but
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought:
- 5' 9"
Wicks very well, good windbreaker, but runs small and the zipper is very cheap. It constantly gets stuck and unzipsfrom the bottom.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help