Merino Windbreaker Jacket
Combining the unique performance properties of merino wool with trusted outdoor technologies, the Ortovox Merino Windbreaker Jacket will keep you comfortably shielded from the wind on blustery hikes and climbs. Its durable yet ultralight fabric is made with a blend of merino wool and nylon, which delivers reliable windproof performance in alpine environments while maintaining a comfortable internal climate, a soft next-to-skin feel, and moisture-wicking performance as you sweat on steep ascents and rugged climbs. A DWR (Durable Water Repellent) coating provides water-resistant protection against light rain when you're out in grey and drizzly weather, and the snug elastic hood, cuffs, and hem ensure that you've got total coverage from chilly winds. Plus, when blue skies and gentle breezes return you can stuff the entire jacket into its own chest pocket and keep it in your pack until howling mountain winds find you again.
- Lightweight windbreaker with natural performance and comfort
- Merino wool blended fabric is ultralight, durable, and windproof
- Natural properties of wool enhance breathability and wicking
- DWR coating sheds light rain when you're hiking on grey days
- Chest pockets doubles as a stuff sack for convenient packing
- Anatomical elastic hood ensures an optimal fit in windy weather
- Elastic cuffs and hem keep your jacket in place as you move
- Item #ORT00CS
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Small
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 135lbs
This jacket doesn't even make sense to my brain... It's windbreaker made from more than 50% wool making it so comfortable against my skin and super moisture wicking! It looks sharp and performs super well. I stuff it into it's pocket and bring it along to every crag, trail run, and spring-time ski tour. As far as the fit goes, I usually wear medium in Ortovox jackets but I wanted a more athletic fit for this piece and got a small instead. It's a little snug across my shoulders but I like the trimmer fit since I am rarely wearing anything more than a t-shirt underneath.
As a member of the Ortovox team I was given this product to test and use.