Haute Route 40L Backpack
When you're setting out on long hut-to-hut touring trips, bring along the Ortovox Haute Route 40L Backpack and give yourself storage for all of the gear, extra layers, and nutrition you need to pack into the backcountry with you. This spacious pack has dedicated compartments and carrying options for all of your necessary gear, keeping everything separate and organized for quick access when you need it. In addition to the ski and snowboard carry options and easy-access safety tool pocket, you've got tons of handy ways to lug important gear up the hill. Ice axes, trekking poles, helmets, snowshoes, climbing ropes, and crampons all have simple ways to come along for the journey, ensuring that you can tackle technical big mountain lines without having to risk anything due to missing equipment.
The backpack itself is constructed with a durable Cordura ripstop for abrasion resistance against ice and rock, and is treated with a PU coating for highly water-resistant protection in snowy weather. For load distribution on long touring treks you've got compression straps on the side along with the O-Flex frame, which distributes weight evenly between your hips, shoulders, and back. And as if this pack wasn't convenient enough, the main compartment can also be access through the back panel, ensuring that you woon't have to root through your entire pack when you're looking for a midlayer.
- Spacious touring backpack for long multi-day missions
- 40L size is large enough to hold sleep gear and extra food
- Ski and snowboard carries keep hands free on steep pitches
- Avalanche tool pocket can be accessed quickly in case of emergency
- Dedicated gear loops and carries help you face technical terrain
- Weight distributing design makes it easier to carry heavy loads
- Tough ripstop and water resistance boost its durability
- Chest strap comes with emergency whistle to help others find you
- Item #ORT00BY