Safely explore the backcountry.
There are a lot of ways things can go wrong in the backcountry, so cover as many safety bases as possible with the Women's Free Rider 22 Short Backpack by Ortovox. In addition to having an easily accessible compartment for your avalanche rescue gear and deployable hemet net for your brain bucket, this innovative pack sports a built-in back protector to shield your spine from harsh impacts. This particular version of the Free Rider 22 is a bit shorter in design, providing an ideal fit for females and smaller males desiring less bulk and greater mobility.
The SPS Flex Back Protector offers extra insurance against bad falls, and it's totally flexible when you're skiing and riding at high speeds, as to not impede critical movements. Best of all, it's good for multiple or successive impacts, meaning you won't have to replace this pack after taking a nasty fall on the mountain. Plus, it's TÜV certified for extra peace of mind, so you know it'll perform when you need it most.
Besides the front-access pocket for quickly grabbing your shovel and probe, there's a zippered top compartment for stashing a compact puffy jacket or spare gloves. You'll find an A-frame ski carry, as well as diagonal ski/snowboard carry configurations for approaching steep lines where you need to boot up. External loops conveniently attach to ice axes and trekking poles, allowing you to scale technical ascents and cross glaciers en route to your line. Plus, it's fully compatible with hydration reservoirs, complete with tube routing for on-the-move drinking.
- Streamlined backcountry pack with extra back protection
- Front compartment for quick access to probe and shovel
- Shorter design is ideal for females and smaller males
- SPS Flex Back Protector softens crashes on the mountain
- Zippered upper pocket fits a spare puffy or gloves
- A-frame ski carry and diagonal ski/snowboard carry
- Hydration-compatible design with tube routing
- Ice axe/trekking pole loops and helmet carry
- Item #ORT007F