Up To 40% Off Arc’teryx
Select a size:
Free Rider 26L L Backpack
Emphasizing harmonious organization and protection for demanding tours, the Ortovox Free Rider 26L Backpack carries everything you need for staying safe in the backcountry, all while offering built-in padding to dampen the harsh consequences of falling. This 26-liter pack is sized just right for spending multiple hours in the backcountry, whether you're lapping your favorite tree stash or rigorously breaking trail on a dawn patrol session.
Ortovox uses viscoelastic pads that disperse crushing impacts for an extra degree of safety, should you take a nasty spill in the trees or tomahawk down steep terrain. These pads remain pliable in the cold, so you won't be restricted when you're ripping soulful turns and picking up speed down steep terrain. Best of all, the pads withstand multiple successive impacts, meaning you won't have to replace the pack after tumbling down the mountain.
Seeing it's destined for backcountry terrain, the Free Rider 26L Pack features a zippered front compartment that organizes your collapsible shovel and probe within quick reach, so you can access your snow safety tools within mere seconds during an emergency scenario. For additional storage, there's a zippered top compartment that's ideal for stashing extra base layers, gloves, goggles, or even a compact puffy. Additionally, you'll find convenient features such as multi-configuration ski and snowboard carry, ice axe/trekking pole attachment loops, deployable helmet carry, and hydration tube routing through the shoulder strap.
- Essential backcountry pack with added back protection
- Front compartment for a quick access to probe and shovel
- Viscoelastic back pads disperse impact during a nasty fall
- Zippered top pocket for puffy jacket, spare layer, or gloves
- A-frame ski carry and diagonal ski/snowboard carry options
- Hydration-compatible design with convenient tube routing
- Ice axe/trekking pole loops and deployable helmet carry
- Item #ORT007H