Select style & size:Select options
Trusted by the best.
Trusted by rescue organizations and professional guides alike, the Ortovox Carbon 280+ PFA Probe offers serious strength and rigidity in a lightweight package for maximum precision and reliability during rescues. And since every second counts in an avalanche rescue, the PFA quick-assembly system allows you to deploy the probe in mere seconds, and the visual guide system allow you to quickly and easily take accurate depth readings.
- Maximum rigidity for precise probing
- Carbon is lightweight, rigid, and strong
- PFA quick-assembly system deploys in seconds
- Strong steel cable tensioning system
- Visual guide system makes it quick and easy to ready depth
- Rubberized grip for sure-handed grip
- Large probe tips busts through packed snow
- Item #ORT008T
California Proposition 65
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Fortunately I've never had to deploy this probe in the backcountry yet. But my initial impressions are that it's very light, easy to snap together and built very solid. The depth markings are highlighted well so it's easy to gauge how deep you are probing in the snow. It also comes with a nice storage bag.
What is the collapsed length of this probe?