Select Style & Size
Trusted by the best.
Trusted by rescue organizations and professional guides alike, the Ortovox Carbon 280+ PFA Probe offers serious strength and rigidity in a lightweight package for maximum precision and reliability during rescues. And since every second counts in an avalanche rescue, the PFA quick-assembly system allows you to deploy the probe in mere seconds, and the visual guide system allow you to quickly and easily take accurate depth readings.
- Maximum rigidity for precise probing
- Carbon is lightweight, rigid, and strong
- PFA quick-assembly system deploys in seconds
- Strong steel cable tensioning system
- Visual guide system makes it quick and easy to ready depth
- Rubberized grip for sure-handed grip
- Large probe tips busts through packed snow
- Item #ORT008T
- carbon, steel cable tensioning system
- Deployment System
- PFA quick-assembly system
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?
April 11, 2020
Great Probe for Mountaineering!
- I've put it through the wringer
I work as a ski and mountaineering guide in Alaska, and while I've been lucky enough not to have deployed this probe in an emergency, I use it a lot while at work to probe out cornices on summits, crevasses at camp, and many a snow pit. It's quick to deploy with bulky gloves on, and I love the extra grip at the top. The color coordination makes it easy to quickly determine snowpack depth. I've found it to be very durable and appreciate the thick diameter. My back loves the carbon fiber material - it's great to save a few ounces when carrying a heavy pack! I've had my probe for several years and haven't had any issues with it's durability. I am a member of the Ortovox team and have been given this product to test and use.
March 8, 2018
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Fortunately I've never had to deploy this probe in the backcountry yet. But my initial impressions are that it's very light, easy to snap together and built very solid. The depth markings are highlighted well so it's easy to gauge how deep you are probing in the snow. It also comes with a nice storage bag.
November 20, 2017
What is the collapsed length of this probe?