Select style & size:Select options
No need to compromise.
Building your first backcountry touring kit comes with an intimidating price tag, but you can shave several bucks off without compromising safety with the Ortovox Alu 240 Probe. It's built with lightweight, yet strong aluminum that won't weigh you down on the skin up, and the visual guide system makes it easy to read depth markings for even the greenest of backcountry travelers.
- Reliable and affordable probe for backcountry beginners
- Aluminum construction is light and tough
- Strong and light aramid tensioning system
- Visual guide system makes it quick and easy to ready depth
- Adjusting screw for optimal assembly
- Large probe tips busts through packed snow
- Item #ORT008Y
- Q & A
Easy to use
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
While I'm not probe picky, this one is easy to use and durable.