Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Select style & size:Select options
Loon 106 Recreational Kayak
Consider meandering rivers, glassy lakes, and pristine ponds a basket full of crab legs and the Old Town Loon 106 Kayak both a shiny new cracker and a cup full of butter. With a design that caters to both the beginner and intermediate paddler, the Loon 106 will make a day out on the water a fun, relaxing, and easy-going experience.
The hull is composed of a durable three-layer polyethylene material for reliable durability and has a wide and flat hull for a solid, stable feel with a sharp keel line for improved glide and tracking across open water. Old Town didn't stop with the hull on this beauty, and decided to rig the boat with everything you need to have a killer day on the water right out of the box. The seat is shaped for a supportive feel and is padded with a perforated foam material for better breathability and cushy comfort on your keester.
Adjustable foot braces can be dialed in to suit the length of your legs, while included thigh pads let you get a more responsive feel from the boat by putting your legs up against the walls of the boat. Old Town even threw in a removable work station with USB charging portâ€”just throw in a battery (not included), attach it to the USB port, and keep your camera or phone charged and ready to go all day long. Where the Loon 106 differs from its angler-specific counterpart is the lack of flush-mounted rod holders.
- Super versatile and feature packed recreational kayak for daily use
- Three layer construction holds up to abuse summer after summer
- Sharp keel helps you track across flat water for added control
- Adjustable, padded seat boosts comfort for long days on the water
- Thigh and foot braces provided added control when waters pick up
- Click seal stern hatch keeps important items dry and protected
- Work deck and paddle clip allow you to stay prepared for anything
- Item #JOP004G
- Q & A
Excellent 106 Old Town Loon
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Excellent service. Perfect. Tracked it all the way from Utah to my home in North Carolina. Perfect shape TLC in bubble wrap and plastic. I love my Loon 106. My 6th Kayak. My first two were Old Towns I gave to friends and they are still going strong. I came home to the best built toughest Kayak you can own. Once I got in it it was first love all over again!