Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Select style & size:Select options
Looksha T Tandem Kayak
When you are dedicated to tandem touring, but not so thrilled with the minimalistic packing and reduced maneuverability, trade in your old long boat for the new Old Town Looksha T. Inspired by a popular Necky design, this classic touring rig has been brought back to life with features to keep you and your adventure buddy paddling happily all day long.
With a heavy helping of stability alongside a generous amount of storage, the Looksha T will keep you touring in style with smooth control and extra room for those luxurious camp items. The bow and stern Cross Lock hatches offer a combined 190 L of storage space, which alongside the kayak's 625lb weight capacity means you can kiss civilization goodbye for extended trips to remote waters.
Besides a spacious interior, each cockpit is outfitted with performance features to keep you comfortably in command. Cushioned seats are augmented with a support track foot brace system and Comfort Fit adjustable thigh braces to ensure you can maintain an optimal position for paddling control. The long 18’ 1” planing hull helps you track and maintain efficient speed for covering longer touring distances. When inevitable winds and currents challenge your heading, use adjustable foot pedals to conveniently control the rudder to stay on course.
- A tandem touring kayak for extended trips with an adventure buddy
- Long sturdy hull offers stable tracking for efficient distance paddling
- Rudder with foot pedals provides extra control in wind and currents
- Closed bow and stern hatches ensure generous storage space for gear
- Thigh and foot brace systems enhance control and maneuverability
- Cushioned seat maintains paddling comfort on longer multi-day trips
- Carry handles afford convenient transport from the car to the water
- Deck bungees securely stow suncreen, maps, and extra-layers on hand
- Item #JOP004X
- Q & A
Can it also be used single person?