Select style & size:Select options
Long, fast, and friendly to paddlers still conquering the learning curve.
Glide quickly and efficiently across long stretches of open water when you're at the helm of the Tetra 12 Sit-On-Top Kayak. Ocean Kayak borrowed the Tetra's sleek hull shape from touring kayaks, which are designed for long-haul paddling. Comfortable seating, an open cockpit, and easily-accessible bow storage make this boat particularly friendly to novice and intermediate paddlers who want to go a little further on the water.
- California Hard Chine hull shape offers tons of lateral stability for the waves and gives this boat a precise, maneuverable feeling
- Straight hull profile (no rocker) offers the best tracking (keeping a straight line) for long-distance paddling
- Removable Comfort Hybrid seat has tons of padding and dries quickly
- Support Track System has two pedals for your feet, and the pedals adjust easily to accommodate different leg lengths
- Rear tankwell offers enough storage for a small dry bag and features bungee cord webbing to keep your gear secure
- Paddle-keeper bungee on the side secures your paddle when you take a moment to rest or to take pictures
- Quick Seal bow hatch keeps items dry and secure
- Bow drain plug makes it easy to drain any water from inside the hull
- Item #JOP0260
- Q & A
Great First Kayak!
This is my first kayak and we had a great summer exploring on it. The sit-on-top decision has worked out well. The seat is comfortable and the pedal tracks are a great feature. There's plenty of storage space between the rear tankwell and the bow hatch for our day use. While I appreciate the stability that comes with the size and weight, it's longer and heavier than I expected and takes two people of get on/off the car. If I were to do it again, I think I might have gone with the Tetra 10 but the 12 nonetheless has worked out great and I'm looking forward to many more adventures on it!