Without a well-functioning noggin, picking a clean line through technical terrain is pretty much rendered obsolete. So do your due diligence and cover your melon with the Oakley Mod 5 Helmet. Not only is the Mod 5 stylish as all, but it features a hybrid shell construction that ensures it stays lightweight. Additionally, the Modular Brim System pairs comfortably with any goggle so you won't have cold air blasting your forehead as you speed down groomers. The Modular Brim System also aids in venting by allowing air to pass from your goggles, through the brim, and out the top of the helmet to cut down on goggle fog. The liner and ear pads are fully removable and washable, which is bound to come in handy on those warmer spring days. Finally, the Boa dial provides a personalized, fine-tuned fit, so your helmet isn't sloshing around while you're laying down some beautiful turns on a crisp winter day.
- Weight saving helmet that hits the slopes with style and comfort
- Hybrid shell design lowers weight without impacting performance
- Modular Brim System pairs well with any goggles for snug fit
- Brim System allows for adjustable ventilation to reduce fogging
- Removable liner and ear pads offer versatility in warmer weather
- Boa fit system is adjustable for a customized, comfortable fit
- Fidlock magnetic buckle closure is easy to use with a gloved hand
- Helmet bag included for safe storage of helmet off the slopes
- Item #OAK01P9
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Thought it was a good idea to buy this Oakley helmet to compliment my Oakley googles for a great google/helmet fit. Iv'e had problems with that in the past and have always liked the Oakley brand. Problem is the fit is to good. There is no space between the upper rim of the googles and the helmet to allow for air flow and fogged up googles happens. Fixed this by tapping a small 1/4 " thick of adhesive felt to the helmet - problem solved. The ear flaps, designed for speakers, allow quite allot of airflow / air noise to occur which I dislike. Cinch e'm down as much as I can, but I'll ave to work on making them quieter. Skied with this helmet for two seasons. It's the best helmet Iv'e owned. Very light, great cooling / keeping warm capabilities, easy on and off. But there's always room for improvement.
Are the ear pads speaker compatible?