After taking a bit of a hiatus from the mountain bike world, Oakley is back with a new helmet that's designed, engineered, and tested by expert riders, including a close collaboration with 3x World Champion Greg Minnaar. Made for trail riding and enduro racing, the DRT5 Helmet offers the protection needed to confidently rip down technical descents, along with extensive ventilation for those unforgiving climbs back to the top. Standout features include an innovative eyewear stowing mechanism that securely fastens your sunglasses to the top of the helmet during extended climbs or long breaks, as well as a trusty BOA FS1 360-degree fit system for a comfortable and easily-adjustable fit. A tough polycarbonate shell molded to a shock-absorbing EPS liner protects against high and low-speed impacts, while the MIPS Brain Protection System guards against harmful rotational forces experienced during certain types of crashes.
- Oakley's sleek new helmet for trail riding and enduro
- Offers extended coverage and plenty of ventilation
- Eyewear stowing mechanism securely stashes your shades
- BOA 360-degree fit system for a comfortable, micro-adjustable fit
- Tough outer shell with impact-absorbing EPS foam for protection
- MIPS system designed to reduce harmful rotational impact forces
- X-Static pads channel sweat away from eyewear for clear vision
- Straps allow fore and aft adjustment to prevent discomfort
- Item #OAK01ST
California Proposition 65
- Q & A
Sweat Gutter works fantastic!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This helmet was a major step up from my fox flux. The best feature is the sweat gutter. Once you have the helmet snugged up it works great. No more sweat dripping in your eyes! The boa closure is also great allows a custom fit. Venting works as advertised. All around great helmet!