Occupying the middle ground in Oakley's line-up between the airy-ventilated Aro3 and time trial favorite Aro7, the Aro5 Helmet provides a streamlined profile at real-world yaw angles and MIPS technology for the discerning cyclist. You'll find wide channels along the front reduce drag in multiple cycling positions and effectively move airflow across your head to prevent overheating. There's a race car-inspired scoop at the top of the back, which grabs moving air, then channels it into multiple rear exhaust vents. To pair perfectly with your preferred sunglasses, an eyewear dock is built into the front vents, so you can securely stow your shades while pulling off the road or walking into the local cafe.
- Aerodynamic cycling helmet doesn't sacrifice ventilation
- Built around MIPS tech for dispersion of rotational impacts
- Designed to maximize efficiency at yaw angles of 0 to 10°
- Wide channels at front optimize airflow and aerodynamics
- Top scoop that channels air out of rear exhaust ports
- Boa FS-1 fit system with 360-degrees of adjustment
- Eyewear dock along front vents for convenience
- X-Static brow, crown pads for stink-free comfort
- Item #OAKK89M
- Shell Material
- lightweight polycarbonate
- Impact Foam
- EPS impact foam, MIPS low-friction liner
- wide ventilation channels at front, top scoop with rear exhaust vents
- Fit Adjustment
- Boa FS-1 dial with 360-degree fit
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
August 22, 2020
- I've used it several times
- True to size
Great helmet! Love the fit! Lightweight and comfortable, plus vents nicely! Additionally, I love the front vents that hold my sunglasses!
July 25, 2020
Too hot for Florida
- I've put it through the wringer
- Runs large
- Size Bought
- 5` 1"
This helmet is poorly vented it was ok in western NY, but not in Florida. It is heavy and with the height of the helmet, you feel it during a long ride. Oh and the sizing is off. The pads fell apart and there are no replacements. Very disappointed.