Select style & size:Select options
Psycho Tech 5.5/4+mm Hooded Chest-Zip Full Wetsuit
Killer breaks aren't limited to tropical beaches, which is good news if you live in the Pacific Northwest, New England, or Duluth. The good news is tempered a little bit by the fact that the water's icy, so you can just throw on some board shorts, toss your board in the back of your truck, and cruise down to the beach for a low-key day. When cold water means things are a little more serious, zip up O'Neill's Psychotech 5.5/4 Men's Hooded Wetsuit.
Staying warm in icy water is all about preventing flushing, so the PsychoTech made stopping leakage a serious priority. To that end, the Double Super Seal neck has an attached cinch-down hood, and the SuperSeal cuffs are finished with Plasma seals to form the snuggest seal you've ever seen. The F.U.Z.E. floating chest zip is easy to get in and out of, but its most important feature is the waterproof back panel, which blocks any water that sneaks through the zip and steers it out one of the strategic drain holes before it can drip into the suit and sap your precious heat.
- Well equipped wetsuit catered to big swells in the coldest zones
- TechnoButter 3 material seals out water and lets you move freely
- Air-Firewall Smoothskin around core traps heat for long sessions
- Super seal cuffs prevent flushing in icy waters, pounding swells
- Stitch-less seam construction with fluid welds boost mobility
- .5mm of extra thickness has your back on the coldest days
- F.U.Z.E chest zip seals water out and makes for easy on and off
- Redzone zippers complete the reliable and complete seal
- Item #ONE01BW
What do you think about this product?
December 15, 2019
Crushes winter temps
Very warm suit. Stayed comfortable for 2 hours in 38 degree water temps with freezing air temps. Initially not easy to get in and out of- the wrists and upper arms were very tight-bordering on constrictive- but after a handful of uses, it's comfortably stretched out just enough. The sizing is not ideal. I have the O'Neill Epic 3/2 in the same size- fits great in the torso, just extra long in arms & legs. This suit is the perfect length in arms & legs- but the shoulders and upper arms are tight. Go figure. I take great care to rinse and dry this after every use, but I have already noticed wear to the glue seams after using it maybe 5 times this season, and a tear to the cuff while rolling it over my glove. This is a very expensive suit, and I question how long it will hold up for.