Smash the winter waves.
If you find yourself getting twitchy when you're looking at the weather report and seeing gnarly winter storms about to roll in, pull on the O'Neill Mutant 5/4 Hooded Wetsuit before you turn into a giant, angry, green surf-monster. O'Neill designed the Mutant with an interchangeable Modular neck closure system, so you can swap out necks and hoods to accommodate your super-large mutant head or just dial in the perfect level of warmth and comfort for those cold-weather storm days.
TechnobutterFirewall insulation panels on the chest and back keep you warm when you're hulking out on those nor'easter swells, and Ultraflex DS neoprene in the torso and extremities lets you paddle and catch waves in toasty comfort. The Single Seal neck, combined with the Single Fluid taped seams and Plasma wrist and ankle seals, keep the Mutant waterproof. Additionally, the Krypto knee pads, LSD seamless lumbar panel, and Contortionist seamless shoulder give you the freedom of movement you'll need to catch those gnarly winter waves and surf like there's a team of bad guys on your tail.
- A hardy suit that offers flexibility and warmth in cold waters
- UltraFlex DS neoprene promotes unrestricted movement and comfortable flex
- Technobutter Firewall insulation enhances your body's warmth
- Plasma wrist and ankle keeps the water out
- Single Fluid Seam Weld construction bolsters defense against water entry
- Krypto Knee Padz adds protection while keeping things flexible
- Item #ONE010N
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 165lbs
This thing is toasty. I haven't had to switch the hood in yet but I like the option. It is a high quality suit.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I got this for my big brother who surfs in Northern California. He said it kept him toasty warm and was able to stay in the water as long as he wanted and catch heaps of waves. He said it was comfortable for paddling and taking on/off. Not super heavy, so easy for carrying to and from the beach when he had to hike in a bit to the secret spots. He was stoked.