The Women's Verve 2 SRS Cycling Shoe from Northwave proves you don't have to spend a fortune to get a high quality, comfortable road shoe. These kicks are perfect for the cyclist looking to up their mileage and seeking a shoe built on a dedicated female last, offering a superior fit. When the temps and the pace pick up, the five vents on the sole increases the airflow and allows heat to escape to keep your feet cool and comfortable. The NRG Air Carbon Reinforced sole receives an 8 out of 14 on Northwave's stiffness index so it's plenty rigid for efficient pedaling, yet not so stiff that it leads to achy feet by the end of the ride. The sole is 3-hole compatible out of the box for most road cleats, and it's SPD compatible with a separate cleat plate (sold separately) making it perfect if you're hitting up the spin class during the winter months.
For the upper, Northwave uses a skin overlap unibody construction so the pressure is evenly distributed across the top of your foot, holding them firmly, yet comfortably in place so you don't lose power. Perforations dot the upper allowing for extra breathability. Two asymmetrical hook and loop straps conspire with the SRS micrometric buckle allowing for a near-custom fit that's easy to adjust on the fly. An integrated heel system locks your heel in place further adding comfort and efficiency.
- A quality road cycling shoe at a great price
- SRS micrometric buckle offers a snug fit
- Hook-and-loop strap reduces foot movement inside the shoe
- Skin overlap unibody construction wraps your feet in comfort
- Vents along upper disperse excess heat
- NRG Air Carbon Reinforced sole allows for efficient pedaling
- Sole features 5 vents for airflow in and exhaust
- Accommodates 3-hole road and SPD-style cleats (with a plate sold separately)
- Item #NTW002Z
Skin Overlap Unibody
SRS micrometric buckle, 2 asymmetrical Hook-and-Loop straps
NRG Air Carbon Reinforced
3-hole (2-hole compatible with separate plate)