Tribe Cycling Shoe
The Tribe Cycling Shoe from Northwave gives freeriders, DH racers, and e-Bikers the shoe they want providing style and efficiency in one package. Northwave sought to improve the platform pedal experience by addressing a couple of key criteria: grip and durability.
For traction, Northwave co-developed the sole with Michelin Technical Soles after two years of research and the end result is Gecko+, claiming to be the stickiest compound on the market. An integrated rubber arch support ensures enhanced stability on the pedals and increased impact protection.
Inside the sole, an adaptive TPU shank with calibrated stiffness provides greater control and support. Openings along the medial zone and heel provide tuned flexion and control, improving your connection with the pedals while a horizontal wedge opening at the toe enables natural flexion of the foot for comfort while off the bike. Final sole details include the EVA midsole that minimizes weight and ensures effective shock absorption.
Up top, a suede upper with large mesh inserts and a tongue with customized padding make the shoes comfy and breathable. Abrasion-resistant rubber print reinforcements on the heel and a reinforced toecap help keep things durable while the non-stretch laces are easily stowed in the elasticated keeper keeping them out of your drivetrain.
- Northwave's platform pedal shoe that's grippy and durable
- The sole features a Gecko+ compound for excellent traction on the pedals
- Suede upper with large breathable mesh inserts is comfy and durable
- Mesh tongue with customized padding combines protection and ventilation
- Non-stretch laces are easily stowed in the elasticated keeper
- Reinforcements, abrasion-resistant rubber prints on the toe and heel are long wearing
- Item #NTW004L