Razer Mountain Bike Shoe
Take to the trail for XC hot laps and race day alike with Northwave's Razer Mountain Bike Shoe. These cross-country tuned kicks combine breathable synthetic uppers with Northwave's signature XC 10 Sole that lands at a stiffness index of 10 out of 12 to set you up with immediate power when you've got to hammer down on the pedals to push up punchy climbs, and sprint through the straight away. They use a unibody construction that matches strategically placed mesh inserts with ultra-thin synthetics to offer you unrivaled breahtability, paired with targeted stability while you ride. They feature asymmetric lacing that removes pressure from your arch and instep, keeping the fit snug without putting the hurt on pressure points. The toe and heel boxes are reinforced with welded TPU panels that elevate protection.
- Slim and breathable XC kicks for toeing the line on race day
- Mesh panels elevate breathing to prevent hot foot
- Stiff XC 10 Sole sends your power directly into your cranks
- Asymmetrical lacing removes pressure from arch and instep
- Welded TPU reinforced toe and heel add extra protection
- Grippy inserts on outsole give you high traction on foot
- Dial and hook-and-loop strap combine for securing an ideal fit
- Item #NTW004F
- Q & A
Looks like a pump, feels like a sneaker.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I was looking for something that looked and felt like a road shoe so I didn't have to swap SPD pedals out when using the gravel bike on roadie rides. Didn't want to break the bank for such a silly niche use. These fit the bill.
I haven't tried them for any trail riding, but I don't think I'd like them for that. Don't seem like they will be comfortable or grippy for any hike-a-bike. Great for gravel and some flowy xc riding.
Note - sizing is a bit off. I wear a 9, and ended up with a 41 in these, which is what I would typically wear, even though the sizing chart for Northwave said US 9 - 40.5.