You'll leave the finer points of orographic lift to the weather guessers, but when it comes to staying warm on a powder day, you'll rely on your own wits to keep you warm. Short of just willing yourself warm, the Norrona Women's Super Hoodie is probably the most reliable way to stay cozy and comfortable on the mountain. The Super Hoodie is made with a combination of Polartec Power Stretch and Polartec Thermal Pro grid fleece fabric to keep you insulated and mobile whether you're touring for turns or riding the chairlift on a blustery powder day. A slim fit reduces that bulky, bunchy feel baselayers can get, and the addition of a close-fitting hood offers additional warmth to your head and ears, just in case your helmet isn't cutting it.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- A midweight baselayer cut for skiing or snowboarding
- Polartec fabrics provide stretch, insulation, and breathability
- Half-length zip provides ventilation on warm days
- Close-fitting hood offers additional warmth to head and ears
- Thumbloops prevent sleeves from gathering
- Athletic fit is slimmer through the body to eliminate bulk
- Norrona clothes are inspired by the company's Norwegian home
- Item #NRA007O
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 145lbs
I used this baselayer for climbing Mt. Rainier and I am very happy with the purchase. The half zip is great for cooling myself if I start to feel warm and the hood fits over a helmet securely and never slipped off. The medium fits, but a size small would have been better. I ordered a medium just to make sure the sleeve length would be right for my long arms, and the length is great.