What are you waiting for?
Winter has finally arrived—call up your friends, grab your Nordica Women's Astral 88 Skis, and head up to the lifts for some good old-fashioned resort fun. While the 88mm waist isn't designed for super deep days, the Astral 88 is the widest in the Astral collection, making it slightly more all-mountain oriented than its slimmer counterparts. The early rise tip eases turn initiation, and camber underfoot lets you carve groomers to your heart's content.
The Astral series uses Nordica's Hex Bridge construction, which pairs a light and playful wood core, with metal laminates to maximize edge hold and response and dampen vibrations for a smooth ride down. These sticks inspire confidence in skiers of all levels, with a zippy turn radius that's easy to maneuver when you decide to head into the trees for a little adventure.
- A forgiving ski for a fun-filled resort day
- 88mm waist is ideal for on-piste skiing
- Early rise tip eases turn initiation
- Wood core offers a smooth, consistent flex
- Titanal laminate increases power and dampens vibrations
- Fiberglass laminate improves edge grip and stability
- Short turn radius is nimble and maneuverable
- Item #NOR003Q
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I got these as an all mountain ski for days when there's more hardpack and crud than powder, and they're exactly what I was looking for. I added a heavier binding and these things plow while still having a playful pop to them. They have excellent edge control and are versatile enough to take off piste. Spring skiing in the Wasatch has given me the chance to ski them on groomers, ice, dust of crust, and slush, and they've performed well in everything. They won't be my go-to skis when it's deep, but that's not why I got them.