Select Style & Size
Find your size
Note: Actual inseam is not the same as pant inseam.
MCR RDO 4-Star GRX 1x Gravel Bike
The MCR RDO exists in the sweet spot between genres, urging us to look at the rough two-track beyond our usual turn-off and see where it goes. The MCR is not the bike we choose for traditional gravel races on graded dirt; we leave that to the RLT RDO. Nor is the MCR the bike for topping the podium on short track cross country races, for that is where the Air and RKT 9 excel. This is the bike for exploring, for going further, all while maximizing pedaling efficiency and ride comfort. With 50mm of rear travel and 40mm front suspension, the MCR allows us to ride over and through terrain that would otherwise leave us yearning for a break.
The suspension is tuned specifically for the smaller, more frequent bumps we encounter on chunky gravel roads, rather than the larger hits on singletrack. The MCR features the same constant-varying arc linkage as Niner’s full suspension mountain bikes, for a predictable and smooth travel path. Like on a mountain bike, the suspension travel of the frame allows the wheel to stay in better contact with the ground, rather than bouncing across the surface. A planted rear wheel gives us more purchase when climbing on squirrely gravel and allows for a smoother pedal stroke since we aren’t forced to coast over the rougher bits.
Every component of Niner’s 4-star build focuses on taking you further, and it only makes sense to pair the world’s first dedicated gravel drivetrain with the first full-suspension gravel bike. Shimano’s GRX 1x groupset provides precise and reliable shifts over any terrain. The rear derailleur's clutch mechanism to reduce chain slap and dropped chains for a quieter and more secure ride both on and off-road. GRX levers are shaped for optimal hand position and comfort, both from the hoods and drops, so you can keep a secure grip when the “road” your friend recommended turns into more of an array of boulders. The flat-mount GRX disc brakes control the speed through any weather with hydraulic actuation.
Rounding out the build, the 40mm Schwalbe G-One tires mounted to Stan’s Grail S1 wheels smooth out the ride, and the frame has clearance for 50mm tires, should you need something more robust down the line. Easton’s EA50 AX handlebar has a 16-degree flare in the drops, giving us a more stable center of gravity for leaning into that bit of singletrack in the middle of a route.
- World’s first full-suspension gravel bike
- 50mm of rear CVA suspension allows you to pedal through washboard and rough gravel
- 11 mounting points for bags and bottles prepare you for multi-day missions
- Integrated rear fender protects components when the road gets gritty
- Front and rear thru-axles increase stiffness for greater efficiency and handling
- Rear shock locks out with handlebar remote
- Shimano GRX drivetrain keeps shifting precise and predictable over mixed terrain
- KS Lev dropper post for getting down steeper descents
- Item #NNR99A6
- Frame Material
- RDO carbon fiber
- Fox 32 SC Float AX Performance Elite evol FIT4, 40mm travel, 44mm offset
- Niner integrated SHIS IS42/IS52
- Shimano GRX 800 11 speed
- Rear Derailleur
- Shimano GRX 800 GS 11 speed
- Easton EA90
- Chainring Sizes
- Bottom Bracket
- Easton PF30
- Bottom Bracket Type
- Shimano Ultegra HG800
- Cassette Range
- 11 - 42t
- Shimano HG 601
- [front] Shimano SLX M7100, [rear] Shimano GRX 800
- Brake Type
- Shimano RT800 160mm centerlock
- Easton EA50 AX
- Handlebar Drop
- Bar Tape
- Niner RDO
- Niner Custom, Crn-Ti rails
- Niner Carbon, 400mm
- Stan's NoTubes Grail S1
- Stan's NEO Ultimate centerlock
- Front Axle
- 15 x 100mm thru-axle
- Rear Axle
- 12 x 142mm thru-axle
- Schwalbe G-One EVO SS
- Tire Size
- 700c x 40mm
- not included
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years
What do you think about this product?
June 14, 2020
How much does the Niner MCR bike weigh?