Helios Boa Focus Snowboard Boot
The Nidecker Helios Focus Snowboard Boot is designed for hard-charging support with just the right amount of mobility and flex for freestyle riding. Armed with a Boa H3 Focus Closure with dual control dials, the Helios Focus Boa offers a precise fit over the upper and lower zones for precise control when you're charging hard and sending massive kickers. The Silver-Level Liner offers a custom fit with its heat-moldable foam, and it features a vented tongue for enhanced breathability.
Internal J-Bars provide locked-in heel hold, while the liner's harness locks down your heel from moving around sloppily inside. It's equipped with SpaceBlanket insulation, which radiates thermal warmth back, so your feet stay warmer in downright frigid conditions. The 3D-molded dual-density footbed provides a plush, supportive feel underfoot, with vented perforations dispersing built-up perspiration from when you're riding from first chair 'till last. And to ensure sure-footed grip on sketchy bootpacks and hikes out of bounds, the Vibram BFT-Contact sole maintains aggressive traction and unrelenting grip underfoot.
- Precise control for charging the mountain and bigger jumps
- Boa H3 Focus independently tightens upper and lower zones
- Mid-stiff flex is ideal for aggressive all-terrain riders
- Silver-Level liner with heat-moldable foam and vented tongue
- Internal J-bars clutch your ankle to prevent heel lift
- Dual-density footbed for plush support and quick-drying comfort
- Vibram BFT-Contact sole offers aggressive hiking traction
- Item #NDK002W
- Q & A
If it ain't broke don't fix it
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
Well; this Helios boots is the new Nidecker version of a staples from Flow since their acquisition. They completely ruined it :
-internal liner is now non removable because they stitched down the lace cage around the liner to the ankle boot.
-they added a wool lining around the ankle where previously it was just sleek mesh so it will catch up snow
-they re-positioned the boa system lace in diagonal/angled on the front foot so it doesn't tie like before and the boots tends to "open" around the ankle area
Flow Helios boots was a stiff low profile boots; this Nidecker version is bulkier & heavier with a liner you can't remove to dry.