Summit Q.O.M. Trail Running Shoe
Blast your way up to the top in the New Balance Summit Q.O.M. Trail Running Shoe. With a balance between aggressive traction and underfoot comfort, the Summit's are ready to be taken through long miles on light and burly trails a like. Aggressive traction comes in the form of Vibram rubber soles. These soles deliver maximum surface and multi-directional traction to help you confidently blaze through new territory. The cushioned EVA midsoles help absorb shock through each stride and provides structured midfoot support to keep you comfortable no matter where your feet take you.
Aside from traction and cushion, the Summit's have plenty of other features to keep you comfortable out on the trails. For starters, their lightweight, breathable mesh uppers keep your feet cool as the miles add up on hot summer afternoons while their traditional lace closure allows you to adjust the fit of the shoes as needed throughout the run. A flexible Rock Stop rock plate and a Toe Protect tip protect your feet against trail debris for comfort on the burliest trails.
- Trail running shoe with aggressive tread and underfoot comfort
- Lightweight, breathable mesh upper keeps feet cool in the miles
- Cushioned EVA midsole offers shock absorption and lasting comfort
- Rock Stop flexible rock plate guards feet against trial debris
- Toe Protect tip guards toes against rocks and roots on the run
- Vibram soles deliver reliable and multi-directional traction
- Traditional lace closure is able to adjust fit throughout the run
- Item #NEW00WM
- Q & A
A little bit of everything
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Im not sure why people say these shoes run small, I find them true to size. I usually wear 7.5 in running shoes (Altra, NB, Scarpa, Asics) and these fit me well. I also have wide feet and B width provides enough room in the toe box for comfort.
Pros: great grip, great support + plenty of sensitivity under your toes, good protection from rocks
Cons: hot for summer days, more bulky than Hierro V3, terrible shoe laces.
I think I'll get great usage out of them in the rainy PWN, but they are not my favorite daily running shoe. I loved Hierro V3, though, and these seem to be just a heftier version of that shoe.
Good and bad
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Good.....the toe protector is great. I put these through the wringer at work in a warehouse situation where I walk over 15 miles a night. Very good for walking on the floors for hours.
Bad....took longer to ship to me than expected. The shoes seem to very hot while at work