Rubix Running Shoe
"Stability" shouldn't mean "stiff and uncomfortable", or at least that's what the folks at New Balance were thinking when they made the Rubix Running Shoe. This supportive yet lightweight and flexible shoe was designed for overpronating runners who want to stay light on their feet as they run. The Rubix accomplishes this task thanks to its Guidance Ramp midsole technology. Featuring multi-density foam set at different angles within deep midsole grooves, the Guidance Ramp system abandons the method of firm posts to control stability, instead opting for this more forgiving and smoother approach.
In addition to being more comfortable and less stiff, the Guidance Ramp system also subtracts weight, something that's key to this shoe's performance and feel. New Balance wanted to give stability-seekers the same chance to enjoy a light and nimble shoe, and the Ground Contact foam outsole and midsole help work towards that goal. Eliminating traditional outsole rubber, the Ground Contact foam system places the midsole directly in contact with the ground, providing the same trusted traction along with a surprising amount of durability, all at a decidedly lower weight.
- Light and nimble stability shoe for overpronating runners
- Guidance Ramp midsole provides smooth support and stability
- Ground Contact outsole provides lightweight traction on the road
- Mesh and TPU upper provides plenty of support and breathability
- Targeted areas of outsole rubber provide boost durability
- Item #NEW00YT
- Upper Material
- engineered jacquard mesh, TPU overlays
- Guidance Ramps, Ground Contact foam
- Ground Contact foam
- Support Type
- Claimed Weight
- (single) 9oz
- Recommended Use
- road running
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?