Select Style & Size
Proto Type Two Snowboard
Arguably the most versatile freestyle board in Never Summer's line, the Proto Type Two Snowboard is built for aggressive riders who are equally at home spinning sevens in the park as they are straightlining chopped-up chunder fields at mach ten. The Proto Type Two lends itself to riding anything on the mountain, with the medium flex pattern retaining stability at higher speeds, but without being overly damp or too stiff for park riding and freestyle pursuits.
Designed around Never Summer's Ripsaw Rocker Camber, the Proto Type Two features accentuated camber zones under each binding for absolutely railing trenches on groomers and snapping energetically from park jumps. However, it does retain Never Summer's centerline rocker hinge for a bit of added playfulness when you're messing around the park and buttering, as well as improved float in deep powder. The asym shape sports a deeper heel sidecut for more powerful and intuitive heelside carves, not to mention improved edge hold. The inside is loaded up with a Superlight wood core and Carbon Max laminates to keep the feel lively and dynamic, no matter what terrain you're shredding.
- Asym freestyle board that thrives across the whole mountain
- Hybrid rocker profile blends aggressive feel with plafulness
- Deeper heelside sidecut enhances carving power
- Medium flex pattern is tuned for all-terrain riding
- NS SuperLight Wood Core is both lightweight and durable
- Carbon Max Laminates maximize energy transfer and strength
- TruGrit topsheet adds grip and sheds snow
- Item #NVS008F
- 139cm, 142cm, 145cm, 148cm, 151cm
- Ripsaw Rocker Camber
- asymmetrical true twin
- Effective Edge
- [139cm] 1060mm, [142cm] 1090mm, [145cm] 1120mm, [148cm] 1140mm, [151cm] 1170mm
- Waist Width
- [139cm] 232mm, [142cm] 234mm, [145cm] 236mm, [148cm] 238mm, [151cm] 240mm
- Sidecut Radius
- [139cm] 6.5 / 6.2m, [142cm] 6.9 / 6.6m, [145cm] 7.1 / 6.7m, [148cm] 7.4 / 7mm, [151cm] 7.6 / 7.2m
- NS SuperLight wood
- Bi-Lite fiberglass (biax), Carbon Max Laminate Technology, STS pretensioned fiberglass, RDS 2 Damping System
- sintered p-tex
- Vario Power Grip Sidecut
- Durasurf XT sintered 5501
- Recommended Use
- park & freestyle snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 3 years
What do you think about this product?
December 7, 2019
One Board to rule them all
- I've used it several times
I bought this Proto (last year model) for my girlfriend Christmas 2018 and she went from intermediate to advanced ride in 2 days. This board really boost your confident as a rider and will make you a stronger rider. She was able to hit the back bowls at Arapahoe Basin CO by the end of February. I myself own a Proto and I love Never Summer. Our next board with be a Never Summer.
February 12, 2020
Hi! I'm 5'1 and 98lbs. I'm wondering whether the 139 or the 142 would be a better size for me on this board. Thank you!