Sonic 0 Sleeping Bag
From hut trips in the Monashees to winter camping in Montana, Nemo Equipment's Sonic 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag is a good choice whenever temperatures will be between the high teens and single digits. Never one to follow the rules, Nemo Equipment designed the Sonic with a venting system you won't find on too many sleeping bags in its class. Thermo Gill vents along the torso can be zipped open if things start to get too toasty in your tent or in the hut, but the vents won't let cold drafts in, so you won't have to worry about waking up with a bad case of chills when you fall asleep with them open. For insulation, Nemo used 850-fill Power Down, making the bag compressible, warm, and light. Since moisture and down are never a good combination, Nemo treated the outer fabric with a DWR finish to repel light moisture from snow and condensation, and made the footbox from its waterproof and breathable Osmo material for even more protection when your feet end up touching the tent wall.
- Lightweight sleeping bag for cold-weather excursions
- 800-fill down has a high warmth-to-weight ratio
- DWR finish sheds light precipitation and spills
- Osmo footbox resists condensation
- Thermo Gill vents let you dump heat
- Mummy shape shaves ounces and optimizes warmth
- Item #NEM008P
- Q & A
Great bag but!!
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
Great bag loved the warmth and features but the tech information on the bag size was way off. Ordered the reg. for my 5'8" husband and with his feet jammed at the end of the bag his head could not fit into the hood. With the super helpful gearhead Jonah I was able to make a smooth return for the long.
Great bag, Fits me barely at 6'6
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Awesome bag that is super warm. So many features with this bag. Favorites:
- Stretch knees- as a big guys i like to splay out a bit and this is nice.
- Thermogills- I had to use these once an=d they worked great. Cooled me off just enough to sleep fully in the bag and not have heat escape
- Osmo Footbox- This waterproof footbox allowed me to stretch out against the tent and not get wet!
Very happy with this sleeping bag
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought this based on the excellent reviews it got from outdoorgearlab.com and was not disappointed. It has lots of space which is great for me, as I get a bit claustrophobic in sleeping bags. Very warm and light.