Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other 3-Season Backpacking Tents we have in stock.View Similar Products
Changing your notion of minimalist camping, the NEMO Equipment Hornet Elite 1P Tent is an ultralight structure that's surprisingly spacious inside. It tips the scales at less than two pounds, maximizing efficiency on long-distance treks where saving every ounce is crucial. The single door design features a vestibule for protective storage of packs and muddy boots.
The DAC Featherlite NFL pole attaches in a hubbed intersection for quick set-up and freestanding pitching. Nylon fabric along the tent floor and vestibule shave weight, but without sacrificing protection or durability. PU and silicone coatings provide waterproofing from afternoon downpours and raging storm fronts. For optimal ventilation, the mesh canopy promotes air circulation in sweltering conditions often encountered in summertime.
- Ultralight, yet spacious camping for one person
- Three-season versatility with double wall structure
- DAC Featherlite NFL pole maximizes strength-to-weight
- Hubbed pole intersection is sturdy and free-standing
- Nylon fabric shaves weight without sacrificing strength
- PU/silicone floor and fly coatings for water-resistance
- Mesh canopy for ventilation without letting bugs inside
- NEMO proudly designs innovative camp gear from its New Hampshire headquarters
- Item #NEM005Q
- Q & A
Stay Light, Stay Fast
A perk of working for Backcountry.com is being able to meet some awesome adventurers. Jennifer is one of those people. She recently sent me this picture of her Nemo Hornet tent on Rainier.
"I love how lightweight it is, when I tell people what it weighs I see envy in their eyes."
In this picture she had it set up on rocks where she slept but she would recommend avoiding rocks if possible to make for a better tent pitch.
First Impressions - Excellent
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Initial backyard impressions are that this tent is perfect for a niche buyer. Will add a new review once I take it out in the backcountry for a few trips.
This is a lighter, smaller version of the Hornet 1p. Pretty sure Nemo is catering to the small group of UL hikers who still want a tent, and not a trekking pole or tarp setup.
I originally had a Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 - this is very similar in design and pole architecture, but with a side door instead of a front entry.