Select style & size:Select options
When every ounce counts.
When you're planning a long backpacking trip, every ounce of gear you bring must be carefully considered. With a solid design and lightweight materials, the Nemo Equipment Hornet 1P Tent keeps the weight of your pack down while delivering the rock solid performance you need when a gnarly storm blows through the high country. With a trail weight of just 1lb 10oz, the Hornet will leave some extra room in your pack for a few extra munchies and a flask (or two). The Hornet features a single pole frame that saves on weight, and with a large side door, vestibule, and Light Pockets on the inside, the tent maintains all the features that make you choose a tent over a bivy sack on your solo trips.
- 20D nylon and no-see-um mesh canopy
- 15D nylon fly with PU coating
- One DAC Featherlite NFL pole
- Single door and vestibule
- One-person sleeping capacity
- 1lb 10oz trail weight
- Light pockets
- Includes compression sack
- Item #NEM001V
- Q & A
Home away from home
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I hiked the AT with this in 2015 and loved the design of it. I'm 6'2" and the fact that I could sit up in the tent was crucial in me getting the tent. It's a bit on the heavy side for ultralight backpacking considering you can find 2 person tents for a few more ounces but at the price point it was the best option for me. It packs really well and is pretty durable. Some of the jacobs ladders clips slide off the tethers early on in the trip but you can still tie the straps to make them work. I call this thing bulletproof for making it through 5 straight months of abuse. You'll be very happy with this tent at this price. Gave 4 stars based on weight to space to price ratio.
• A LARGE SIDE DOOR makes entry/exit and access to your gear easier, and provides
more coverage in the rain.
• Includes LUXURY DETAILS like the Light Pockets™, volumizing guyouts, and watertight Divvy™ Sack, dual-stage compression stuff sack.